Monday, December 14, 2009

I am Batman!

hey all,

I had a really great weekend, and actually a really great Monday too.

Saturday my best ALT friend and I went to Akihabara and shopped for more games and movies. I wanted to sell one of my PS3 games, but they offered me the equivalent of one dollar for it, so I didn't sell it. I did pick up an English copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum, which is by far one of the best games I've played in a while. They have the voice actors from Batman: The Animated Series doing Batman and Joker (the latter voiced by none other than Mark "You're not my father!" Hamil himself), so it is very nostalgic to play the game. Aside from the voice acting, the game looks beautiful and plays amazingly. There are excellent puzzles, interesting stealth challenges, fluid and balletic combat: what more could you want from a Batman game?

After shopping, John (my ALT friend), his girlfriend, Michi and I all met up at Asakusabashi and had some coffee while chatting. After that, Michi and I made some spicy tofu spaghetti (whatever you might think of tofu spaghetti, it was tasty) at her place, and I went back to Omiya. Sunday, Michi and I met up again, this time at Musashi-Urawa and went climbing at an indoor gym there. Lots of fun, since I had gone there before by myself, but this time I actually got to climb some top-rope routes. Michi liked the place too, since we've always gone climbing at two gyms owned by the same company, so the Musashi-Urawa gym was a nice change of pace.

We've settled some more details of our trip to Nikko, but we're still searching for good deals for our trip to Kyoto. I learned that the First Sunrise of 2010 trip is set for somewhere in Chiba prefecture along the coast, but we haven't really set that trip in stone yet.

Today was also a surprisingly good day. I taught 5 classes (out of 6 class periods), and the rest of the time I corrected some worksheets. The classes went pretty well, and (contrary to most lessons), I actually got to be involved a bit more. I made my usual curry for dinner, and spent a few hours playing Demon's Souls and the new Bathman game. I've reached a point in Demon's Souls where I've defeated lots of bosses, but the next areas for three different levels are all too hard for my current character, so I'm going through old levels and beating up the peons to try and get my character to level up. I'm also hunting for some special chunks of rock to upgrade my weapons.

More News As It Happens.

Cheers,