Saturday, December 19, 2009

Week

hey all,

So this week has been incredible and awful. Work has somehow been going really well. I've been teaching a lesson about prepositions to my 2nd year students, and doing a review lesson for my 3rd year students. As usual, I haven't been doing too many lessons with my 1st years, because after asking me to come to class, I started going to a couple random ones, but they became boring again.

My students seem to want to talk to me again now that my lessons are getting somewhat better or more fun, which is OK but sometimes annoying.

My part time job continues to go really well. I told them I'd be moving to Tokyo for next school year, and they weren't happy about that. I guess their main problem is their high turn over rates, which forces the students to adapt to different teachers all the time. They pay really well, but even that isn't enough to make me stay in Dasaitama. (Dasai means uncool, and I'm living in Saitama prefecture. This is what Japanese people sometimes call Saitama; a kinda of diss/pun.) If I stay here, I could get stuck in the same school as this year, which would be atrocious. Besides which...

I come to the reason why this week has been awful. I haven't gotten to see Michi at all. Haven't spoken with her at all. We've sent each other maybe 3 texts the whole week. I go to bed at 10:30 or so, and sometimes she might just be getting back from work or from yoga. I get up before she does, and am on my way to work by 7:11 so there's no time in the morning. Shoganai: can't be helped, as they are fond of saying in Japanese. Next weekend, we're going to Nikko, but there are arrangements to make for New Years, and for our trip to Kyoto in early January as well. We still need to go shopping for certain little ones over seas, but aside from any of that, I just want to see my girlfriend. Is that so bad? It just doesn't seem possible to continue this way for another year.

Cheers,