Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Small Randomness

hey all,

I went out drinking the other night with a friend, and between our talk and the last blog post, I'm feeling much better.

Something I discovered the other day was that Fight Club does in fact have Japanese subtitles as advertised. However, in order to view them, you need to change the settings on your PS3 so that all menus, etc are displayed in Japanese, not English. Why this makes a difference, I don't know, but it's rather stupid when you get down to it: after all, the disc still has the same information on it, and it shouldn't matter what the interface language is; it should always display the same content and same options. That is, in fact, the point of writing interfaces in different languages: so that speakers from different countries can get access to the same features.

Anyway, Michi and I have taken to skyping in the middle of the week, since she sometimes stays at the office till 9 or 10 PM, which makes meeting impossible. Add to that the fact that she does yoga Monday and Thursday nights, and I'm doing my part time job on Thursdays, and taking the time meet during the week becomes a Herculean task.

As usual, we've been planning the holiday trips in advance and playing the intervening weekends by ear. I'd like to get in some climbing here soon, but we'll see. I might end up going by myself if worst comes to worst. For the holidays, we're working on trips to Nikko, some undecided location, and Kyoto.

Cheers,