Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Exqueeze Me?!?!

hey all,

Still no word about contracts for next year. The ALTs in my city all received an email from our coordinator today which was worded in such a way that it sounded like she wants to ask us whether we intend to stay with the company next year. We were required to fill out such a form stating our intentions 2 months ago, giving them 3 months notice to find a replacement should one of us have decided to join a different company. They, on the other hand, have less than 30 days left to inform us whether we have contracts for next year.

Perhaps her English just got a bit  messed up: in Japanese you often say things or word things backwards compared to English, so it is easy to make such mistakes. I find myself doing it sometimes in Japanese. But if she really intends to quiz us about our intentions again, without telling us what we should have been informed last month...there are no words, at least not any that I can write here.

Monday I put in more applications, including one for an editing/rewriting position for Japanese scientists and doctors looking to publish papers in academic journals.

Today I only had two lessons, both with my 2nd year students. The second lesson actually went really well. The 6th year students from my elementary school also visited my junior high school today, since they will be graduating soon and next school year they'll be junior high schoolers. That was also a cool treat, as I got to see them and my elementary teachers a little.

My last item is that, as it is the 16th of the month, this marks my 11th continuous month in Japan. We are closing in on one year quickly.

Cheers,