Sunday, February 07, 2010

Yoga Climber

hey all,

Pretty good weekend. Saturday was catching up with Bri, doing yoga and going shopping with Michi, and today Michi and I hit up a climbing gym a few stops away from my house. No bad falls for either of us lately, but Michi told me that recently there were 2 serious accidents at Jogasaki, where we went climbing towards the end of last November. It really was a kinda dangerous climbing location, so we should be glad that we came through OK.

Yoga class was a little easier this time, but some of the poses are still really difficult to do. Like the superman pose, for instance. The more difficult stretches for me involve sitting on the ground with one leg stretched out in front of you, and the other leg making a triangle: knee sticking out, and foot pressed against the other leg's thigh. You then grab (with the opposite side's hand: right leg, left hand; left leg, right hand) the foot of the stretched out leg, and twist it towards the middle of your body, rolling your whole torso onto one side.

Anyway, last week I took the class for free, but this time was number two so I had to register and decide what kind of visit plan I wanted to get. I went for 1 month/4 visits, since it is kinda fun, and it gives me an excuse to hang out with Michi. Michi herself goes something like 4 times a week. Only about $70, which is really cheap, but the registration fee by itself was something like $50.

One of my ALT friends has been itching to go to a maid cafe, and Michi actually said I should go once to see what it is like, so we're going to give that a try tomorrow.

That's all for now. Cheers,