Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another Quick Note

hey all,

Just another quick note here. The anniversary went really well. I got a cortisol shot from the doctors, who having heard my story about there being no problem with my x-rays last time and my arm still not back to normal despite not going rock climbing, not going swimming, not doing push-ups, pull-ups, or anything else for the last month; decided that it was probably tendinitis. It still hurts a little, but I think it should get be getting better. There's a lot less pain when I move my arm now, but there is still some soreness and it still feels like two rocks grinding against each other when I lower my arm from above my head.

Anyway, for dinner we came to my place and made lentil soup, karage (Japanese version of KFC), and apple crumble. After that we watched Avatar, which was pretty good. I don't know if it justifies the millions of dollars that it made, but it was fun.

Today was more house shopping, with lots of surfing the web, calling offices, and sending emails. We also went to a cool burger shop called Brozer's in Nihonbashi, which was expensive but quite tasty.

I've got four days of work this week, but on Friday I'm heading out to look at a guest house. Next week will be my last week of work for my current company. They still haven't told my schools, and have asked me not to tell them yet. I feel a little bad about that, but I've been working hard and have asked for higher pay, or advancement opportunities, and my company just asked me to wait. My schools can be fun to work at, but I'm really more of a nuisance than anything else for them, as my being there disrupts the normal schedule.

That's all for now.

Cheers,