Thursday, September 16, 2010

House Hunting

hey all,

I'm just thinking right now how much I hate shopping in general, and now I'm shopping for a place to live that a) will be a nice place to live for a few months b) won't cost me a fortune in commuting and c) will be available when I need to move there.

It seems that these conditions are rare. One of my friends recommended company X, but when I went to their website, they advertised themselves as being amazing because instead of the usual 2 month's rent non-refundable bribe to the landlord, they only charged 1 month's worth of rent. No thanks. I appreciate honesty when someone is trying to screw you over, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hand the person the lubricant.

I still can't believe the idiotic rent system here in Japan, but there you have it.

Cheers,