Sunday, March 06, 2011

Big Plate

hey all,

I'm just realizing that there is a ridiculous number of items on my plate at the moment: a probable trip to Hakone sometime this month, a rock climbing trip to Yugawara next weekend, a probable camping/rock climbing trip to Ogawayama in May, the trip home for my brother's wedding in May, a trip at some point to Enoshima, one to Ojima and Shikineshima, and lately Michi's family has been talking about taking a big trip to Oze, with me and Michi serving as guides. There's Hiroshima, Nagasaki, the castle in Himeji, the shrines and parks in Nara, Hokkaido, and hundreds of other places in Japan and around the world. I would love to live long enough to visit the moon and maybe Mars, as well.

If you can't tell, I've been listening to this poem over and over again this weekend.


I think I might have to try to revive Odysseus or Ulysses as a boy's name...But what do you use as a nickname? Oddy? Uly? Dessy? Dezi?

Anyway, there are a couple of games coming out soon, such as Dragon's Age II, that look really amazing. I've played through the demo 3 times now, and the combat is much more visceral and satisfying than the first game. I'm hoping that the story, quests, and other aspects of the game have been punched up a notch as well. It seems like they have been, but you can only tell by playing through it.

 There was a lot more that I had typed up, but an error made me lose a big chunk of it.

Cheers,