Sunday, March 27, 2011

Georgie Boy

hey all,

Here's a couple videos (viewer discretion advised) of George Carlin about natural disasters. The second one has footage of the tsunami that hit northern Japan two weeks ago.





It's been a good weekend so far. Met up with my southern friend on Friday, met up with Michi today, and also ran a bunch of errands. I did laundry, made a 2 liter batch of chili, and even studied Japanese a little. The only down note is that when I went to the store to pick up peanut oil and spices and root beer, they didn't have root beer! I wandered around the store like a lost, sad puppy for maybe 10 minutes before I got in line to check out. I'll have to find a new source for root beer.

Today, Michi and I will be heading to a rock climbing gym we haven't been to before. We're accumulating quite the collection of climbing gym membership cards by now.

On Monday, the three remaining teachers are coming back in to work to make new contracts and start preparing materials for next year. It'll be good to get out of the guesthouse.

Cheers,