Monday, March 07, 2011

Story

hey all,

One story that I wanted to share was of my experience eating at a Yoshinoya a few days ago. Yoshinoya is basically a Japanese McDonald's: they don't serve burgers or fries, but they do serve food just as cheaply, and as unhealthy and quick as McDonald's. I was sitting there, stuffing my face with shredded beef, onion, and rice, when a beer can was thrust into my face. I barely looked up and waved it off. There was an obviously drunk guy for some reason offering me a beer. He saw I wasn't grabbing, and went around the whole shop offering it to other customers in the same brusque manner. This was not the middle of the night, but the middle of the day, and everyone started at him much as I did. The staff didn't throw him out, but they didn't welcome him in either.

Cheers,