Thursday, January 28, 2010

Realization

hey all,

I came to a realization yesterday about one of the reasons why I had my near mental breakdown last week. Imagine that you just started working at a company, and the boss comes to you and says "Hypothetically, in six months you will be promoted. You'll be in charge of 5 people...etc, etc. The rewards will be great, but so will the responsibilities." A month or so goes by, and you keep expecting to get some kind of training, or preparation for it, but nothing materializes.

Basically, I feel like that's what happened with me and Michi. She started raising these questions about the future really soon in our relationship, and so I started to think about them. But in thinking about them, I got in the mindset of someone who'd been in a relationship for much longer than 4 months. Once I got into accepting this hypothetical future as something like an accomplished fact, I expected to see a similar escalation from Michi. But of course it never came. She still continued to act like we've been dating for only 4 months, which we have.

So I'm trying to back down from there as gracefully as I can.

Anyway, today was an all around decent day. I taught four lessons which went pretty well, made some worksheets, corrected a bunch of worksheets, and even managed to study Japanese for several hours. The part time job went well as well.

Cheers,