Saturday, October 16, 2010

Assistant No More

hey all,

So I have finished my week of subbing. I get the impression that the mothers, students, and my coworkers and boss are generally pleased with me, at least they don't seem to be forming any lynch squads at the moment. My boss has commented that the students like me and like the efforts I'm making in class so far.

The hardest part has again been the private/semiprivate lessons in the afternoon, because every day there are different students learning different material with different levels of English, and it seems the teacher I subbed for was pretty good at organization, but certain materials would just turn up missing, or 30 minutes of my lesson prep time would vanish as I'd be asked to do a baby lesson suddenly. When I say baby lesson, I mean baby lesson: between 0 and 2 years old.

I'm trying to post a video from the rock climbing trip, but Blogger's servers seem to be finicky tonight.







I've been wondering whether I should technically start a new blog now that I'm not an ALT anymore. I'm still teaching English, but we're using science, math, history, etc to do that, and I'm not assisting anyone: I'm in charge of every class I do.

Cheers,