Sunday, October 24, 2010

Um

hey all,

So it has been an interesting weekend. As it happened, I wasn't supposed to work on Saturday after all, just like the schedule had showed me, but...That teacher who's wife just had a baby? The one I subbed for two weeks ago? Well, he had called in at 8:30AM saying he couldn't make it in because his wife had a fever and he had to look after the baby. When I showed up unannounced, everyone was breathing sighs of relief because it meant that they could actually do their classes and not have to make embarrassing explanations to their students/customers.

Anyway, I worked until about 5PM Saturday, and then went back to Tokyo and spent the night at the old place. The southern guy and I watched The League, and then I hit the sack. This morning was spent organizing and packing, and realizing that despite my intentions of carrying everything by myself (in only three trips), I would actually need help today, and that I'd still have several items left over even if I received help.

Just like my last move, I lured one of my friends into helping me with promises of free train fare and lunch. It went pretty smoothly, and now I've got two more plastic crates from Muji, my PS3 and monitor, plus my rack for drying clothes, etc. All that actually remains behind are a fifth of tequila, a wood pulp shelving unit, my blender, and an Asian style straw hat that is a souvenir for a friend.

Last night I also bought and started taking some cold medicine, and already I'm feeling much better. My cough and runny nose are still pretty bad, but I think in a couple days I'll be back to normal.

I think I'm going to study a bit, since I haven't had time to do much of that recently.

Cheers,