Friday, October 01, 2010

Ugh

hey all,

What a brutal and grueling day. The last time I went into the school, I came in expecting to teach. But this time, I came in expecting to talk about what I'd be teaching the week after next, and ended up teaching from 9:30 until 19:00. "I'd like you to come in and talk about your teaching schedule" doesn't really send the message or have the meaning of "You'll be teaching for the better part of 10 hours today."

Despite the mis-communication, things went OK. At least, the first several hours were grueling, because they were spent trying to teach the youngest regular students: from 2 to 3 years old. But after the regular classes finished, I got to eat lunch and prepare for 3 rounds of private lessons, all of which went pretty decently.

The major ugh part is that I'll be going back tomorrow, even though I promised to meet Michi. I might still be able to meet her, but it looks to be another relatively full day. I really need to get this school's teaching style down, as I only have a short time before I have to teach classes by myself.

It's is already a bit late and I'm going to eat dinner.

Cheers,