Friday, October 22, 2010

To Work, or Not To Work

hey all,

Been a long week, and it may not be over yet. As seems to happen pretty regularly, I get told one thing about the schedule, but when I check the printed version, there are changes. It seems that one of the secretaries in charge of doing the schedule is pretty new, plus there are two actually doing it, so there are changes that get made on day, only to be undone, or changed again by the other secretary the next.

So the short way to put it is that I don't know whether I'm actually working tomorrow. As I did on Monday, I'll go in tomorrow morning prepared to work and see if I'm needed. I sure could use a day off, though. I seem to have caught a second cold this season, and taking it easy would be great medicine. Of course, I still have to head back to my old room in Tokyo to pick up the last of my things, and doing that tomorrow would let me rest on Sunday.

I miss seeing and talking to Michi. We've been talking on the phone, but that isn't the same as being in a restaurant or sitting on a couch together, and I only saw her for a couple hours last weekend. It sounds as though she's caught a cold as well, so we might not be meeting this weekend at all, which is a depressing thought.

With the long hours, I haven't been able to keep up my study of Japanese as much as I'd have liked too, but I have managed to put in a little time.

Time to get ready for bed.

Cheers,