Sunday, October 17, 2010

New Place

hey all,

So I moved a load of stuff over to the new place yesterday, and signed the contract, and made the first rent payment. That took up a bunch of time, and I spent even more time packing, transporting, and unpacking today. I've got all of my clothes and books and school materials here, but my monitor, PS3, rock climbing/camping gear, and some food items are still back in Tokyo.

I originally received tomorrow off, but then I was given Saturday off as well, and was told that my schedule would be set later on Saturday. Well, I still don't know exactly what's up, but I'm going to go in to work tomorrow anyway, as it is now so close. If I'm told to go home, I can update my address with the bank, phone company, post office, and city hall, and maybe bring down another load to the new place.

If my uploads worked, below should be two videos: one from rock climbing, and one of my new room.







Please excuse my enormous brain farts on simple vocabulary while introducing my room. Even in the US this happened to me a lot, but living in a foreign country will multiply the frequency and severity many times. I should also have noted the size of the room: there is ample designated storage space (every room has a little box) for food, shoes, etc outside of the rooms, so a lot of stuff that I had to keep in my room in Tokyo or Omiya, I can put elsewhere. But the room is so freaking BIG! My climbing gear will fill part of the closet, but there will still be empty space in there, and then the room itself will still be mostly empty.

The rent is higher, of course, but I'll be saving a lot of money by commuting by foot or bike to work. Plus, there are the intangibles: actually living in a room you can wave your arms about in without scraping your knuckles or pissing off the neighbors.

Cheers,